Friday, August 05, 2011

What's Red, White & Blue All Over? A Star-Spangled Shoe

I've recently returned from a trip abroad and while a European holiday is an incredibly lovely Summer happening, I was equally happy to come home. Flying in to JFK while the fireworks exploded over the East River was magnificent and the passport stamp that admitted me back in marked July 4 was a patriotic treat. Even while I was away, tipsy on vino and strolling the Italian Riviera, I came across these amazing USA-inspired American flag Converse sneakers that made my heart sing for the stars and stripes. Maybe it was because the collection was decked out in 'em. Ironically, I've never seen them in the states, but boy! are they my new Summer go to. They come in both high and low top and are accompanied by a distressed men's shoe. Perfectly paired with the Summer's hottest denim short and soft, oversized cotton tee with my bfriend's navy nautical sweater for chilly nights. I'm ready to pledge allegiance to the all American trend this season.

No comments:

no need to leave, google it here

Google