Thursday, August 09, 2012

Cheap Chic Shopping Makes It Mo' Better


This morning I had the pleasure of partaking in a Cheap Chic Shopping segment for Better TV. I had met host, Audra Lowe previously at a party, and both she and I couldn't get enough of sharing steals and deals that we've found over the years, so reconnecting with her on set was a blast!


I featured three Cheap Chic Shopping looks modeled by "actual clients, "real girls" if you will, as Cheap Chic Shopping is for everyone, not just the professional models you normally see on-air. One of the models, may even be a bridesmaid of mine... who am I kidding? Meg, a hairstylist at Salon V in the  East Village, was bold and brave enough to rock the pharmacy chic look, which YES! came from the pharmacy. Including the $1 shoes, and polka-dot beer cooler I repurposed as a clutch for $2.50.


I had originally purchased Yuri's shirt at H&M for $20 but on the way to the fitting, I found a similar dark denim button-down from a street vendor for $3!!? Of course, I negotiated that down to $2 matched with the $15 Old Navy dark denim, which topped the outfit out at $17!?


Rounding out the group of Cheap Chic cuties was Danielle. She loved her yellow, floral Summer dress so I made sure to refresh it for Fall with a fantastically rock glam leather-like jacket for $19 and tights I scored for $3 in the bargain bin. Her awesome booties, complete in trendy taupe for Fall with side fringe was $14 at my secret Soho spot. Come shopping on tour with me to find out more about that.

As for the segment, it airs next Wednesday, August 15. Click here to locate time and listings.

No comments:

no need to leave, google it here

Google