Monday, July 26, 2010

amazing weekend getaway on the cheap


it was me & maj's first year anniversary this past weekend and since I had been traveling for the past three weeks to boston, los angeles and miami on business, I wanted to spend some quality summer snuggle time with my man. I got home from the miami swimshow on wednesday night and thursday morning we were off and running. a $17 chinatown bus from nyc to DC has us visiting family and eating yummy soul fusion food at creme on U street. friday morning we picked up our enterprise rental and headed to the outer banks, north carolina. our adorable no frills hotel, ocean house motel at milepost 9.5 in kill devil hills was a perfect hideaway with great prices. I rocked my bikini thief zuma in black on the beach as we baked our Mediterranean skin. we ate a ton of DQ blizzards (mine, cookie dough & his, heath bar), delicious fish at mako mike's, putt putt at sunset and an incredible sunset ecology tour with captain lenny of soundside adventures to watch the purple martins descend on the manteo bridge. we were in the car, sunday morning, bellies filled with grits and bad coffee from stack 'em high to make the five hour trek back to DC. we got to our destination with just enough time to catch my 6pm appearance on TV Guide Channel's Fashion Team (which I rated a solid A -- video post to follow soon). a veggie chinese dinner in chinatown DC capped off our amazing weekend. naps on the bus had us in NYC early morning and in bed to dream of Dairy Queen.

No comments:

no need to leave, google it here

Google