Friday, April 08, 2011

what to wear when hosting a food show in buenos aires






I've got a fun, #foodie flavored post up on glamour.com today. you can read it (and share it with friends), here:
http://www.glamour.com/fashion/blogs/slaves-to-fashion/2011/04/yp-behold-the-hamburger-dress-foo.html


with all this talk of global foodies and Urban Grocer premieres happening this Sunday night, April 10 at 8pm on the Cooking Channel, I wanted to shine some light on the style side of things. as Producer of the show, I also held the title of show stylist, hair and make-up artist. being a food network junkie, I take notice of what the women hosts wear. lots of three quarter, non offensive, scoop neck tees and jeans. fair enough. but I'm a stylist first and foremost and if I'm styling a show, I'm making a statement! make sure to check out our trip to buenos aires where I play off the very funky and urban south american city vibe with nieves lavi animal print jumpers, effortless scarves, slouchy boho over the shoulder bags and handmade from italy, gold and leather sandals from tuccia di capri. the city is alive and vibrant with a very specific street chic. and I wanted to style the host, caitlin, to reflect. make sure to tune in and let me know what you think of my cooking channel style.

No comments:

no need to leave, google it here

Google